Watch Practices and Video Assists on TV with Chromecast
Casting to your TV via your computer using Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- Select Menu in the top-right corner of the browser then select Cast.
- From the Cast box, select Sources then Cast Desktop.
- Select your Chromecast from the list.
- You’ll be asked what you’d like to share. Your Entire Screen is selected by default. Make sure Share Audio is checked, then select Share.
- A blue Casting icon will appear on your Chrome toolbar to indicate you are casting.
- To stop casting, select the Cast icon on top of Chrome.
- Select your Chromecast to stop casting.
Using your Android Device
Casting your Android screen is available on devices running Android 5.0 or later. Turn off “Power Saving Mode” on your Android device. Power Saving Mode can limit the processing power of your device which might affect the performance of the Cast Screen feature.
Important: The “Microphone” permission in the Google Play Services app needs to be turned on to successfully use the “Cast Screen / Audio” feature with Chromecast. If you don’t have this permission turned on, the Cast Screen session will immediately disconnect after trying to connect.
- Make sure your mobile phone or tablet is on the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast device.
- Open the Google Home app.
- Tap the device you want to cast your screen to.
- Tap Cast my screen and then Cast screen.
- Open the Google Home app Google Home app.
- Tap your device and then Stop mirroring.
Using your iPhone or iPad to Chromecast your video
Although a lot of iOS apps have Chromecast functionality, Safari itself does not. You can still do this using an app called MomoCast.
- Install MomoCast on your iPhone or iPad – it’s free to use
- Make sure you’re on the same Wi-Fi network as the Chromecast device.
- In Safari, tap the Share button, and then tap on Cast with MomoCast. This will open the webpage you’re on using MomoCast’s browser, which comes with a cast icon on the top right.
- Tap the name of your Chromecast to connect.
- Tap the Cast icon again, and tap on Mirror screen to start streaming. This will display the webpage on your device. To expand to full screen, tap the lower right corner icon under the video on your device.
- Tap the Cast icon again and tap on Disconnect to end the stream.